Any unplanned outage of your IT systems that causes extended periods of lost productivity can result in a massive impact to your revenue. If your business relies on data or applications of any kind, you probably already have a disaster recovery (DR) system to help ensure business continuity.
Top 3 Features of an Effective DR Solution
1. Easy to Use
Your offsite disaster recovery system should be able to run with minimal maintenance while still ensuring your business can operate through and beyond failover. You don’t want to spend time, energy and money tuning and managing systems that are supposed to be there to support you in times of system failure. Your DR systems should allow for easy deployment, simplified management and disruption-free scalability so you can maximize your IT focus on driving business forward.
2. Ready for Anything
You want to trust your DR solution to be reliable in any condition, from a single system failure to a site-wide disaster. When failures strike, failover should be fast and seamless, and your business-critical applications and data should be online within moments to ensure ongoing productivity.
3. Built-in Deep Integration
Successful hot-site failover relies on replicated commits of application updates and data to both the main site and the DR system. The “deep integration” concept means that there is a client-side solution that commits transactions to both local storage and DR in unison, rather than relying on periodic backups. At the moment of failover, deep integration ensures that no transactions are lost to the backup process.
NetApp® – The Answer for Effective DR
When you use NetApp for your offsite DR, you get all the speed and reliability of your trusted, on-site systems, coupled with dependable, easy management to ensure your DR system is ready for anything, at any time.
SnapManager® on NetApp Dramatically Boosts Database Availability
SnapManager provides a deeply integrated data management solution that dramatically boosts the availability of your business-critical applications, data and databases. With replicated commits and near-instantaneous restoration, the Snapshot technology that is part of NetApp ONTAP® software provides real-time mirroring that ensures business continuity.
NetApp ONTAP, coupled with SnapManager, also provides even more deep benefits for your enterprise:
- Data replication for DR: The SnapMirror® feature of SnapManager automatically replicates commits to your remote target volume.
- Data archiving for long-term storage: Create offline archives for long-term retention through manual or automated processes.
- Federated full backups: Add databases from multiple servers to the same federated group and back up all databases in that group at the same time.
- Enterprise monitoring and reporting: Determine the status of backup, verification and clone operations by sending application event log or email notifications.